Recipe: Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Soaked wooden skewers
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced super fine
- 2 Tbs finely chopped rosemary
- 6 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tsp ancho chili powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds raw medium-sized shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails left intact
- 2 limes, sliced into wedges, for serving
First make sure your wooden skewers have been soaked in water for 1 hour so they won’t burn. Next, in a small bowl combine the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, rosemary, cilantro, ancho powder, salt and pepper using a whisk. Allow the marinade to sit for 1 hour before using. Meanwhile clean the shrimp. Skewer the shrimp either 2 or 4 per skewer and lay in a shallow dish. Add the marinade to the skewered shrimp and let stand for 20 minutes but no longer or the acid will cook the shrimp. Grill the shrimp until cooked through and the color is pink with no translucent flesh. Do not overcook the shrimp. Transfer to a platter, give the grilled skewers a quick squeeze of fresh lime and garnish with the lime wedges and serve immediately.
Copyright © Andicakes 2010.
Recipe by yumm yumm yumm.
Microformatting by hRecipe.