Recipe: Caribbean Fruit Salad
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 slices of watermelon, cubed
- 1 ripe pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 ripe cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- Fresh mint leaves
Preheat an oven to 400°F.
On a sheet pan distribute the shredded coconut and toast in the oven until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, combine the cubed watermelon, pineapple, papaya, cantaloupe and mango.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve or at least 2 hours.
To serve, sprinkle with the toasted coconut and garnish with the mint leaves.
Copyright © Andicakes 2010.
Recipe by yumm yumm yumm.
Microformatting by hRecipe.