- 1/2 small head white cabbage
- 1/2 small head red cabbage
- 5 carrots
- 2 cups Hellman’s mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Shred both cabbages in thin slices and add to a large bowl. Then peel and grate the carrots and add them to the bowl with the cabbage.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, vinegar, celery seeds, celery salt, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the grated vegetables to moisten them and mix well to combine.
Refrigerate over night if possible but at least 2 hours before serving.
Recipe adapted from the Barefoot Contessa http://www.barefootcontessa.com/
Copyright © Copyright andicakes 2010.
Recipe by yumm yumm yumm.
Microformatting by hRecipe.