Recipe: Pasta with a Fresh Tomato Sauce
- 2 lbs of Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tbs mince garlic
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 5 basil leaves, julienned
- 4 green scallions, white and green, sliced
- Kosher salt and pepper to season
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb dried linguini or fettuccini
- 8 oz of fresh mozzarella, cubed
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Prepare 1 day in advance to allow the flavors to absorb and become vibrant.
In a large storage bowl combine the diced tomatoes, yellow & orange bell peppers, garlic, olives, basil and scallions. Add the olive oil and toss to coat evenly and store in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours. When you are prepared to serve the meal, remove the tomato mixture from the refrigerator. Allow the mixture to come to room temperature when serving. In a large pot bring water to a boil for the pasta. Salt the water and cook the pasta to the instructions provided on its packaging. Drain the pasta and distribute into four pasta plates. Add a few heaping scoops of the fresh tomato mixture.
Garnish with fresh mozzarella and freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Copyright © Copyright andicakes 2010.
Recipe by yumm yumm yumm.
Microformatting by hRecipe.